Home WORLD Egypt Hunts For Killers After Mosque Attack Leaves At Least 235 Dead

Egypt Hunts For Killers After Mosque Attack Leaves At Least 235 Dead

58
0
SHARE
Egypt
In Egypt there was a minimum of 235 worshippers were killed and 109 others livid once heavily-armed terroirists bombed a house of worship and opened fireside on of us attending weekday prayers in Egypt’s restive north Sinai region, at intervals the deadliest terror attack at intervals the country.
Egypt the terrorists launched a targeted bomb and gun attack on the al-Rowda house of prayer in Al-Arish town throughout the Friday prayers, the state-run MENA agency rumored.

Egypt after the bomb ripped through the mosque, the gunmen on four cross-country vehicles opened hearth on the worshippers UN agency tried to flee from the location when the explosion, it said.

At least 235 worshippers were killed and 109 others injured in the attack, Ahram on-line aforementioned.

The Egypt government has proclaimed 3 days of mourning. president Abdel Fattah el-Sisi chaired associate degree emergency meeting with officials to review security state of affairs when the deadly attack.

In a statement later, Sisi pledged to retort with “brutal force” against terrorists.

Egypt

At least 235 worshippers were killed and 109 others injured in the attack, Ahram Online said.

The Egypt government has announced three days of mourning. president Abdel Fattah el-Sisi chaired an emergency meeting with officials to review security situation after the deadly attack.

In a statement later, Sisi pledged to respond with “brutal force”  against terrorists.

 

Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the fear attack and aforementioned India supports the fight against terrorist act.

One report aforementioned the target gave the impression to be supporters of the protection forces United Nations agency were praying at the musjid. Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi has immersed a gathering of the protection committee.

More than fifty ambulances ferried casualties from al-Rawdah musjid in Bir al-Abed, regarding twenty five miles (40km) west of town of Arish, to near hospitals. footage from the scene show rows of bloody victims within the musjid, and a minimum of 109 folks were reported to be eviscerate.

No cluster claimed responsibility for the attack, however it marks a serious step-up during a region wherever for the

past 3 years Egyptian security forces have battled associate degree Muslim State rebellion that has killed many police and troopers.

One witness, a store owner from Bir al-Abed, aforementioned native folks detected a colossal blast followed by gunshot. once he found out the location of the attack he saw folks dashing to choose up the bodies and to supplyfacilitate to the eviscerate. He aforementioned he saw a minimum of twenty bodies wrapped in garments and blankets.

Hundreds of police, soldiers, and civilians are killed since then, principally in attacks dole out by Sinai Province cluster, that is connected to IS.
The official additionally gave a lot of detail regarding however the brutal attack open. The attackers arrived in 5SUVs and were armed with automatic machine guns, the statement aforementioned. They took a grip ahead of the musjid and its entrances.

Survivors of the incident currently at the hospital delineate large gunshot and loud explosions at the beginning of the attack. variety of attackers, a number of them disguised, then entered the musjid, the statement aforementioned.

The attackers had long beards and hair, were carrying military fatigues and were armed with significant machine guns, in keeping with the statement. one in all those that entered the musjid was carrying associate degree ISIS flag, it said.

There haven’t however been a claim of responsibility from ISIS or its affiliate in Egypt. However, the attack bears the hallmarks of a strike by ISIS.

Despite the efforts of Egyptian security forces, ISIS maintains a position within the north of the Sinai Peninsula and conjures up native Islamist extremist teams.

Egypt

past three years Egyptian security forces have battled an Islamic State insurgency that has killed hundreds of police and soldiers.

One witness, a shop owner from Bir al-Abed, said local people heard a massive blast followed by gunfire. When he arrived at the site of the attack he saw people rushing to pick up the bodies and to offer help to the injured. He said he saw at least 20 bodies wrapped in clothes and blankets.

 

Hundreds of police, soldiers, and civilians have been killed since then, mostly in attacks carried out by Sinai Province group, which is affiliated to IS.

The prosecutor also gave more detail about how the brutal attack unfolded. The attackers arrived in five SUVs and were armed with automatic machine guns, the statement said. They took a position in front of the mosque and its entrances.

Survivors of the incident now at the hospital described massive gunfire and loud explosions at the start of the attack. A number of attackers, some of them masked, then entered the mosque, the statement said.

The attackers had long beards and hair, were wearing military fatigues and were armed with heavy machine guns, according to the statement. One of those who entered the mosque was carrying an ISIS flag, it said.

There have not yet been a claim of responsibility from ISIS or its affiliate in Egypt. However, the attack bears the hallmarks of a strike by ISIS.

Despite the efforts of Egyptian security forces, ISIS maintains a foothold in the north of the Sinai Peninsula and inspires local Islamist extremist groups.