Mumbai Kamala Mills: Fifteen people were killed and many others injured after a major fire broke out in a building in Kamala Mills Compound at Lower Parel in Mumbai early Friday.The fire broke out shortly after midnight on the third floor of the four-storeyed building on Senapati Bapat Marg, the commercial hub of Mumbai.
Mumbai Live updates:
Mumbai Kamala Mills- Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant in Lok Sabha demands a judicial inquiry in the Kamala Mills Fire incident
Mumbai Kamala Mills- Rajni Patil, Congress asks BMC to put strict regulations in place.
MUMBAI: Blame game has begun over who is responsible for the massive fire at Kamala Mills in Mumbai where 15 people were killed on Friday.
“BMC officers area unit liable for the murder of individuals in Kamala Mills hearth, second such incident in fortnight, once can the BMC wake up?” Somaiya aforementioned.
He aforementioned that the same incident came about fortnight past following that he had urged the authorities to require the stock of the case.
“Fire at gin mill at Kamala Mill Compound metropolis I had urged CM & BMC Commissioner to Order Special health audit of all such gin mill, Hooka Parlours & Farsan Mart/Workshops of a metropolis. two weeks back similar sort of heart at Farsan Workshop Sakinaka one dozen individuals had died,” Somaiya had tweeted.
– Several ministers have offered statements blaming varied authorities, however, there’s still no clarity on why misappropriated construction was allowed in Kamala Mills. varied safety violations had been reportable within the compound
– Speaking to the media, Rajya Sabha MP Jaya Bachchan expressed concern over the misappropriated constructions in Kamala Mills, says it’s sort of a maze. She additionally aforementioned that the difficulty mustn’t be politicised and concrete action ought to be taken to revive normalcy.
“I am to Kamala Mills, it’s sort of a bhool bhulaiaya, has slender lanes. therefore clearly there has been negligence,” she said.
– Massive argument between BJP MP Kirit Somaiya and knife Sena MP Arvind Sawant in Lok Sabha over the tragic Kamala Mills Compound
– An RTI activist has alleged that he had raised considerations with the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) however a similar were neglected.
– A 28-year-old lady Khusboo, WHO was celebrating her birthday, died within the Kamala Mills Compound hearth. the hearth bust out at the time of her birthday bash.
The government has assured that a groundwork is going to be conducted into the incident. “It may be a terribly unfortunate incident. The government and BMC can for sure investigate the incident and strict action are going to be taken against guilty,” MoS Home Hansraj Ahir aforementioned.
(Also Read: Deepika Padukone Gets Special Security once Threats Over Padmavati Movie)
“Disturbing to grasp regarding the loss of lives in unfortunate Kamala Mills hearth incident in a metropolis. My thoughts area unit with the families WHO lost their admired ones and prayers for the speedy recovery of the skinned. Directed the BMC Commissioner to conduct AN in-depth inquiry,” Fadnavis aforementioned in a very tweet.
In another tweet, the chief minister aforementioned that he has directed Brihanmumbai Municipal Commissioner (Ajoy Mehta) “to take sturdy action against error-prone officers immediately”.
– From misappropriated hookahs noticed in footage of gutted building, to reports regarding hearth exits being blocked; metropolis cops claim hearth safety rules were flouted
Here are the lapses that were flouted:
- There were no fire extinguishers in the restaurant of Kamala mil’s at Mumbai
- Illegal Hookah, fire shows (possible cause of fire) were being conducted inside the premises
- Fire safety norms were also flouted
- Illegal constructions
- Emergency exits blocked
Mumbai Kamala Mills – Filmmaker Ashoke Pandit has condemned the incident and blamed BMC for the same. He said it is not an accident but murder
“All those BMC officials responsible for their murder should be sacked,” he said
– Soon after Maharastra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’ tweet, swift action has been taken as more than three owners of the restaurant ‘1 Above’ have been booked
– RTI activist had raised concerns about safety in a letter last month, but no action was taken by the BMC
“I made several complaints regarding illegal structures in Kamala Mills premises, but the BMC replied that there is nothing wrong here,” said Mangesh Kalaskar, Activist
– ‘For Mumbai, it is sad day’, says Shaina NC Spokesperson, BJP
– Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in another tweet said BMC Commissioner visited the site of the fire at midnight itself and took stock of the situation. “Asked him to take strong action against erring officials immediately,” he said.
– Aditya Thackeray from the Shiv Sena also called for immediate action after the horrific fire
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi takes note of the incident and has offered his condolences to the families of the victims
Fifteen people were killed and 21 others injured after a major fire broke out at One Above the pub, located on the third floor of the Trade House Building in Kamala Mills compound on Senapati Bapat Marg in Lower Parel shortly after midnight.